In OmniFocus, I’ve created quite a few project templates for the sake of convenience and consistency — ie “Packing List for Traveling”. I thought everything was all fine and dandy in the realm of proactivity until I realized something — how the heck do I copy a project template into an active project on the the iOS versions of the app? On the OS X version, it’s all a matter of copy and paste. However, no such capability exists in the iOS version.
To Create A Project Template
- Create project for template purposes
- Put project “On Hold”. Project is now a template.
The iOS Workaround For Copying A Template
- Set template to repeat everyday.
- To duplicate, change project from “On Hold” to “Complete”.
- New copy of that Project will appear.
- Change original template back to “On Hold” and remove the repeat from both the template and the new active project.
I tried the trick and its actually very quick and easy despite its involved appearance. You end up having an active project ready to rock n’ roll with it’s template ready to — well, rock on from the sidelines.